THE BLOGTHE LATEST FROM WEST HOLLYWOOD DESIGN DISTRICT
DIEM 2014 is Approaching: Six Keynote Design Talks Not to Be Missed
Design Intersects Everything Made draws and engages design enthusiasts, Register October 1
Unlike mundane and lecture style design series that take place throughout the year, the Design Intersects Everything Made symposium, held on November 14th within the West Hollywood Design District, warrants distinction from the rest. As an incubator for relevant, cutting-edge design dialogue, DIEM is dedicated to producing a brand new experience– a platform where the exchange of ideas reign supreme.
The one-day event offers culturally resonating discussions, panels and keynotes from leaders in the fields of design, decorative arts, fashion, architecture and fine arts. Featuring six panel discussions held within spectacular design showrooms on the infamous corridors of Melrose Avenue, Robertson Boulevard, and Beverly Boulevard, DIEM offers guests a unique and unparalleled educational experience.
The third annual DIEM event is curated by Mallery Roberts Morgan, Design Writer and Curator, Correspondent AD France (Architectural Digest France), with Frances Anderton, Host of KCRW’s DnA: Design and Architecture. Morgan’s sentiments mark the true potential and energy present at Design Intersects Everything Made:
“As someone who follows design passionately DIEM is an exciting venue for the exchange of inspiring ideas. I was completely engaged by last year’s program, so I am thrilled to be co-curating this year with the amazing Frances Anderton. I urge my colleagues in the media to come experience the forward and creative thinking of the West Hollywood Design District that will be on display at this very special event.ʺ
Panelists for this year’s DIEM event include:
- Mayer Rus, West Coast Editor Architectural Digest
- Mike Giaimo, Art Director Frozen
- Martyn Lawrence Bullard, Interior Designer, Star of Million Dollar Decorators
- Cliff Fong, Designer, Co-Founder of Galerie Half
- Bronwyn Cosgrave, Fashion Historian and Consultant, former editor British VOGUE
- Roman Alonso, Co-Founder and Designer at Commune
- Mark Moussa, Owner and Founder of Arteriors
- Coryander Friend, Creator of Parachute Market
- Jeff Denby, Co-Founder of PACT
- Peter Dunham, Interior Designer, Owner Hollywood at Home
- Matt Jung, Founder of Grover and Wellen
The six featured design topics include:
- California: The Last Frontier Of Creative Freedom In American Design?
- Rethinking Retail: Does Main Street Matter?
- Animation Magic: Conjuring Design Fantasies
- Do Designers Need To Become Brands?
- Designing The Red Carpet: The Changing Face Of Celebrity Style
- Social Entrepreneurship: Very Good Or Too Good To Be True?
Check out highlights from DIEM 2013. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & Pinterest and stay up to date with #DIEMevent.
Registration goes live October 1 at www.DIEMevent.com