THE BLOGTHE LATEST FROM WEST HOLLYWOOD DESIGN DISTRICT
Fall Frenzy: Guide to the Top 10 International Design Events
September marks not only the start of a new calendar season, but the beginning of many acclaimed international design events. Check out our round-up of the top 10 design conventions held throughout the fall season!
1. The Paris Design Week is a professional event and public offering to all lovers of the creation and the art of living to discover in the heart of Paris the latest news and trends of the season.
When: September 6th – 13th
2. The London Design Festival is an annual event, held to celebrate and promote London as the design capital of the world, and as the gateway to the international creative community.
When: September 13-21
3. 100% Design is the largest and longest running contemporary design event for industry professionals in the UK.
When: September 17-21
4. Pacific Design Center’s Fall Market is the destination for inspired design and effective business strategies to inform and educate trade professionals, presenting 2,200 product lines offered by 100 boutique to internationally revered showroom manufacturers
When: September 18th
5. The Interior Design Show West invites design enthusiasts from far and wide to come to Vancouver to experience what’s up-and-coming in the world of design and to learn from the wealth of creative talent we have amassed under one roof!
When: September 25 – 28th
6. VIENNA DESIGN WEEK aims to show and enable people to experience the many-faceted creative work in the fields of product, furniture and industrial design as well as experimental design.
When: September 27th – October 6th
7. Dwell on Design NY, curated by the editors of Dwell magazine, debuts at 82 Mercer in SoHo with 5,000 members of the design elite gathering for innovative installations and onstage discussions centering around contract design, public space, urban infrastructure, and more.
When: October 9th- 11th
8. WestEdge Design Fair is a four-day event that offers the best in modern design, all in an environment designed to engage, entertain and inspire. The fair offers the opportunity to shop from premium home furnishings brands-many new to the West Coast and meet the designers behind thousands of inspiring products.
When: October 16th-19th
9. Dutch Design Week is an annual, nine-day event about Dutch design, hosted in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
When: October 18th-26th
10. DIEM, Design Intersects Everything Made, is a one-day design symposium presented by the West Hollywood Design District to inspire and encourage integral design, curated by Mallery Roberts Morgan with Frances Anderton.
When: November 14th